Nothing can make you self-conscious about your smile more than a gap or chip in your tooth. What would you do if we told you that you don’t have to hide your smile anymore? Contemporary Family Dentistry offers a great solution to repair chipped, decayed, cracked, or discolored teeth – dental bonding. Ask about bonding today! Dr. Jessica Henderson understands that your smile is important to you, and can give you all the information you want and more about what you can do to improve your smile.
ERASE IMPERFECTIONS WITH
Dental bonding is ideal for bridging gaps in teeth, filling in cracks and chips, and erasing other irritating imperfections. While some think these imperfections add charm, others want them gone. If you’re someone who isn’t completely happy with his or her smile, come to us for an idea of what dental bonding could do for you. We can customize solutions just for you. Here are some facts about dental bonding:
- It’s easy. Tooth bonding is one of the simplest dental procedures we offer. The tooth-colored composite resin bonds easily to your teeth, with no preparation or anesthesia necessary in most cases.
- It’s affordable. Because of how easy the procedure is, it’s also cost effective! We use the resin, simple tools for bonding, and a laser or ultraviolet light to harden the material. It typically takes only about half an hour to complete this procedure!
- It’s rewarding. Your bonding will blend seamlessly with your teeth once we’re finished. We start by choosing the resin color that most closely matches. Then, we shape and color the bonding for a perfect match!
With dental bonding, you can achieve the smile you want in no time. It’s an affordable, safe, and effective smile makeover you can enjoy right in Bend. Bonding can change the shape of your teeth, make them appear longer, close spaces, solve teeth discoloration, protect the roots of teeth due to gum recession, and provide an alternative to amalgam fillings. Contact us if you think tooth bonding is something you’re interested in exploring!
CAVITIES AND FILLINGS
When a tooth decays or breaks down, a hole can form. This hole is what dentists call a “cavity.” Cavities are most common in kids, but adults can get them too due to changes that come with aging, such as gum recession and gum disease. Cavities are a result of the destruction of a tooth’s enamel, or the outer layer of the tooth. Plaque is the greatest cause of cavities – especially when sugars in candy or sodas make the bacteria in plaque produce a certain type of acid that’s harmful to your enamel. You can help prevent cavities with the following actions:
- Visit your dentist for professional cleanings regularly. Professional services remove built- up plaque, give access to fluoride, and keep old fillings strong and less susceptible to leaks and tooth decay.
- Brush regularly. Brush twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. Clean between the teeth daily with floss or other inter-dental tool. Ask us about using supplemental fluoride to strengthen teeth, or sealants to help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat right. Eating balanced, nutritious meals is great for tooth health. Limit snacking and consuming sugary foods and drinks.
Contemporary Family Dentistry can help you prevent cavities with professional cleanings. We can also detect cavities in their earliest stages for the easiest, most painless treatments. We offer cavity fillings using resin that will match the color of your teeth, instead of old-fashioned silver fillings. Don’t wait to seek help for a cavity. If you see a hole or black spot forming, or feel pain or sensitivity in one of your teeth, come to us for an exam. Prompt cavity treatment is much better than waiting for it to turn into something more serious. Call today to schedule your appointment!