Smile Makeover Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsors. The Contemporary Smile Makeover is sponsored by Contemporary Family Dentistry. Selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding on entrant in all respects. Contemporary Family Dentistry will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Contemporary Family Dentistry 541-389-1107 or email email@example.com.
3. Eligibility. The Contemporary Smile Makeover Contest is open to individuals 21 years or older at the time of entry and is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. This Contest is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. Employees of Contemporary Family Dentistry, their immediate family members, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
4. Entry. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time UTC-7) on August 5th, 2018 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time UTC-7) on September 5th, 2018. Individuals may enter this Contest by submitting a short narrative, either written with a photo or a video. This narrative or video must tell your story, why you deserve a smile makeover, and what a Contemporary Smile Makeover would mean to you. Each individual can enter once. No one is permitted to submit an entry on behalf of another individual for any reason, however friends and family may comment in support of a video entry in the comment section. The entry must be submitted by entrant only and any entry submitted by an individual other than the subject will void such entry. First, like Contemporary Family Dentistry on Facebook. Second, film your video submission. Third, share your video on your Facebook page and tag Contemporary Family Dentistry’s Facebook page. Your family and friends may support you in the comment section of your post. Encourage them to share it too. Contemporary Family Dentistry reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules. Contemporary Family Dentistry will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, "post-due," misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries for any reason, including but not limited to transmission or technical failures or malfunctioning of any telephone connection, Facebook errors, network, hardware or software. All entries become the property of Contemporary Family Dentistry and no portion of the entry will be returned.
5. Prizes and Odds. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a "Contemporary Smile Makeover" (valued up to $10,000). Candidates will be selected based on their video submission, the dental treatment necessary, and their friends’ and families’ enthusiasm. The selection process will be conducted by a committee formed by Contemporary Family Dentistry. Five finalist candidates will be selected. The 5 Finalist candidates will be notified, at which time the candidates will be asked to come in for a preliminary exam by Dr. Henderson. The examination may require a complete medical history, clinical examination, and x-rays. The examination will be performed at no cost to the candidate. If the examination is consistent with the video submission and is deemed to be in the scope of practice of Dr. Henderson, the candidate will go on to the next round of the contest. The remaining candidates’ video submissions will then be re-posted. Selection of the winner will be chosen by the Facebook community based on the number of “likes” on their post. Grand Prize Winner may receive one or more of the following services: restorative dentistry, periodontal therapy, Invisalign orthodontic therapy, implant dentistry (restoration of previously placed implant), oral surgery or applicable services. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Finalists will be notified by a post on Contemporary Family Dentistry’s Facebook page. If a potential winner does not respond to notification (with all requested information) within ten days, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Finalists will be required to appear for an examination by Contemporary Family Dentistry within 30 days of selection. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the Finalists. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by a post on Contemporary Family Dentistry’s Facebook page. If a potential winner does not respond to notification (with all requested information) within ten days, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Forfeiture of prize and the selection of an alternate (provided sufficient eligible entries are received) winner may result from any of the following: entrant: (1) fails to respond to a notification (with all requested information) within the required time; (2) fails to complete and return a required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (and any other documents, if requested) within the required time; (3) is deemed ineligible or cannot be notified or contacted; (4) is unable to provide satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account ; (5) is not available to have procedures performed on the dates and times specified by Contemporary Family Dentistry; or (6) fails to respond to any other required time periods or is otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules;
7. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner will be solely responsible for all necessary travel and other expenses incurred in connection with accepting the treatment. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release which must be returned within ten (10) days following the date of first attempted notification. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded. The grand prize winner will be posted on the Facebook page of Contemporary Family Dentistry.
8. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the committee. Contemporary Family Dentistry reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Contemporary Family Dentistry. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Contemporary Family Dentistry reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Contemporary Family Dentistry reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
9. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to Contemporary Family Dentistry an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media now known or hereinafter developed (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. If his/her entry is selected as the winning entry, entrant will sign any additional license and release that Contemporary Family Dentistry may require to provide that Contemporary Family Dentistry, may use entrant-winner's name, biographical information, address, picture/photograph likeness (including before, during and after photographs), video footage and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration to entrant-winner in connection with entrant-winner's use and acceptance of the prize.
10. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT CONTEMPORARY FAMILY DENTISTRY, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
11. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Contemporary Family Dentistry, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the valid or enforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. General Release. By entering the Contest, entrants release Contemporary Family Dentistry, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).