WHITE SPOT REMOVAL
White spots and specks that don’t match the color of the rest of your teeth can stand out when you smile – and not in a good way. If you’re one of many people with this problem, don’t worry! We have your perfect solution at Contemporary Family Dentistry, right here in Bend. We can help your naturally beautiful smile shine through.
WHY DO WHITE SPOTS OCCUR?
Unusual white spots on enamel are more common problems than you might think. White spots can occur for many reasons, when there is any disruption to the process of tooth development. Interruptions can create spots of bright white that don’t blend in with the rest of your teeth. This can lead to self-consciousness when you smile. Possible causes white spots on teeth include:
- Demineralization of tooth enamel from a buildup of bacterial plaque
- Generalized enamel defects from nutritional deficiencies or fever during childhood
- Localized enamel defects due to trauma
- Fluorosis, or ingesting too much fluoride during tooth development
Luckily, there are treatments when these issues do occur. You don’t have to live with unsightly white spots blemishing your teeth forever. Let our team of experienced dentists and hygienists perfect your smile!
TREATMENT FOR WHITE SPOTS
A visit to your local dentist can help you get to the bottom of what’s causing your white spots, so you can take steps to avoid them in the future. If white spots show as symptoms of underlying tooth decay, your dentist can solve this problem before removing the white spots. Once you’re ready for white spot removal, we’ll talk you through a few of your options:
- Professional bleaching. In-office teeth cleaning with bleaching agents, or professional custom whitening trays, can make the surrounding area of the teeth look whiter to diminish the look of white spots on your teeth, as well as make your entire smile whiter and brighter.
- ICON resin infiltration. The procedure is similar to filling a chip in your car windshield. When the windshield is chipped, the fractured area looks white, due to the refraction of light through the chip. But, when the chip is penetrated with resin, the chip becomes more transparent and less noticeable. Similarly, a tooth may have a white spot when the enamel has been damaged. If the white spot is penetrated with resin, the spot becomes less noticeable. This product has only been on the market for a few years and is a game-changer in the dental industry. If you have been previously told by a dentist that there was nothing that you can do for your white spot, contact us a Contemporary Family Dentistry right away!
- Veneers. If white spots are particularly unsightly or stubborn, consider veneers. Veneers are thin layers of ceramic material that go over your regular tooth. They are very natural looking and can greatly improve the look of your smile.
Whether you’re an expecting mother, a parent with a young child, or an adult, talk to our dentists about preventing white spots. If they’ve already formed on teeth, consult with us for the best solution for your goals. We can give you tips for children with braces, and recommend treatments to banish white spots for a seamlessly white smile. Talk to us today for more facts about pesky white spots!
If you need dental x-rays, we have the equipment to do them right in our office. We won’t pass you off to other offices or dentists – you can come to us for all of your family dentistry needs. Exams and x-rays can speak volumes about the state of your smile, and help us discuss potential solutions to issues you’re experiencing. We can identify problems like cysts, tumors, decay, and teeth that have yet to come in. Our advanced, digital radiography is the latest technology for our patients. It reduces radiation exposure, gives instant viewing, and is environmentally friendly!
We want you to completely understand your needs, and make an educated, informed decision about treatment with our help. You’ll find the solutions you need at our Bend office!